Disclosure: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
As Spring has come to season, that means tons of cleaning and fresh activity in my household. That also means a great celebration of Earth Day with new plants going into the ground, new appliances in our house and much more. You can make your entire kitchen and laundry room more energy efficient with energy saving appliances from Best Buy.
Right now, Best Buy has the latest in energy and water efficient appliances from entry-level to premium to help you save time and money. The Energy Star Washer and Dryer are the perfect way to upgrade your current set with more energy efficient products that will save you time, money and help conserve the earths resources. There are two sets of amazing washers and dryers at Best Buy that you can purchase today and start saving on money and resources. The first set, the LG Twin Wash & Sidekick, allows you do two loads at once, so you have more time to do the things you’d rather be doing in life, like spending time with family.
It’s LG’s ingenious way of helping today’s consumer divide and conquer their daily workload. First helping them divide and conquer their laundry, then enabling them to divide and conquer every other part of their day. The product itself can amaze, but the innovation behind it is what inspire; as soon as you see it in action, you’ll understand. It’s completely in tune with what trendsetters need to tackle their daily grind – innovative solutions for their real (busy) life.
The innovative LG TWIN Wash is all about efficiency, helping you get more clothes cleaner in less time. With a combined capacity of up to 6.6 cu. ft., the TWIN Wash boasts an ergonomically elevated and angled door that makes loading and unloading easier. Plus, the LED control panel is located on the door, right at your fingertips.
- TurboWash 2.0 feature saves up to 30 minutes on larger loads with outstanding cleaning performance
- TurboSteam technology deeply penetrates fabrics for greater cleaning power
- The full-width lid helps prevent spills thanks to an easy-to-fill detergent tray with recessed design
The second set, ENERGY STAR, are a cost-effective, affordable way to purchase energy-efficient appliances and help sustain the environment even more.
ENERGY STAR certified Washers*:
- Use less energy. On average, a new ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer uses 280 KWh of electricity and can save you $40 a year on your utility bills compared to a standard model.
- Use less water. A full-sized ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer uses 13 gallons of water per load, compared to the 23 gallons used by a standard machine. That’s a savings of more than 3,000 gallons of water, per year!!
- Is your washer over 10 years old? Washers built before 2003 are significantly less efficient than newer models. If you have a standard clothes washer that is over 10 years old, it’s costing you, on average $180 a year.
ENERGY STAR certified Dryers*
- Use 20 percent less energy than conventional models without sacrificing features or performance
- Sensor Drying. Use sensor drying, not timed drying. ENERGY STAR dryer models incorporate advanced moisture sensors to help you reduce your dryer’s energy use. This feature ensures that your dryer will automatically shut off when clothes are dry
- Low heat setting. Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy. When you purchase an ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryer, look in the informational materials shipped with the product for which cycle was tested for certification and how the dryer’s other cycles or settings may use more or less energy.
- Consider gas. Eighty percent of dryers in the US are electric. If you have the option, consider using a gas dryer to save money and reduce your environmental impact.
Visit Best Buy online or find your local store to start saving on energy-efficient appliances today. You can SAVE BIG with 18 months major appliance financing or 10% rewards (increased from 5 to 10% for April!) and 10% back in grocery purchases. You will also get free delivery on purchases over $399!