Since a early age, I have been a HUGE Peanuts fan. Sitting around the TV as a family and watching the holiday specials of Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the gang was an annual tradition for us and I have carried that one to this day with my family. Later this year, the entire Peanuts Gang is coming to the big screen! To start things off in 2015 and celebrate, I am happy to share with you a tasty old fashioned chocolate cake recipe from the renowned Chef Franck Riffaud.
- Flour - 3 Cups
- Sugar - 3 Cups
- Salt - 1 Tbsp
- Baking Soda - 1 Tbsp & 1 Tsp
- Water (Boiling) - ½ Cups
- Cocoa Powder - ½ Cup
- Buttermilk - ½ cups
- Vegetable Oil - 1 Cup
- Eggs - 3
- Vanilla - 1 Tbsp
- Combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla together with a whisk. Place the flour, sugar, salt, and soda together in a mixing bowl. Using the whip attachment on an electric mixer, add the liquid ingredients that were previously whisked, mix only until smooth. Boil the water and add it to the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. Add the cocoa mixture to the previous batter. Let the batter sit 10 minutes before filling pans. Fill 2-8" cake pans that have been greased and floured. Fill pans half full. Bake in oven at 350o for approximately 45 minutes. A knife inserted in the center will come out clean. Cool cakes before using.
Speaking of sweets, this past weekend, Snoopy and his sister, Belle, were joined by Francesca Capaldi at the Park Hyatt in Carlsbad, CA for their Peanuts Valentine’s Day Party. Francesca is the voice of the infamous “Little Red Headed Girl” in the upcoming Peanuts 3D Movie, set to release in theaters in November, 2015!
While at the party this past weekend, Francesca and other attendees were able to enjoy some delightful treats personally prepared by Chef Franck Riffaud.
While in attendance Francesca even had had chance to get creative and make some of the most adorable Peanuts Valentine’s!
After the party fun, the happy guests went home with goodie bags filled with Peanuts treats, including Snoopy and Belle apparel from Target, DVDs of the movies from Warner Home Video, Be Awesome books from Running Press, Nestlé’s candy, and valentines from Galerie.
It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and I can’t think of any better way to celebrate than with Peanuts—where Sally loves Linus, Charlie Brown loves his Little Red-Haired Girl, and everyone loves Snoopy! So I’ve got a great Peanuts Valentine’s Day giveaway for you.
Last Saturday, adorable 10-year-old actress Francesca Capaldi—who stars as Charlie Brown’s beloved Little Red-Haired Girl in The Peanuts Movie, the 20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios’ Peanuts 3D feature film debuting worldwide on Nov. 6—hosted a Peanuts-themed Valentine’s Day party with Snoopy and his sister Belle at the Park Hyatt in Carlsbad, California.
Francesca, one of the stars of Disney’s Dog with a Blog, and her friends enjoyed Valentine’s Day card-decorating, delicious cakes and cupcakes, and of course a showing of the classic TV special, Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown.
Now you can re-create the party with your own kids thanks to this fabulous Peanuts Party in a Box. Here’s what’s inside:
- Valentine cake and cupcake decorations from Cakes.com
- Peanuts Valentines and additional blank cards, foamies and jewels to use to create custom Valentines of your own
- A $25 Visa card for purchasing the cake/cupcake ingredients and/or card materials
- A copy of the TV special for free from iTunes
- A cute and cuddly Belle plush
- Three adorable Peanuts books: Be Loving and Be Awesome (Running Press), featuring Charles Schulz’s unique wit and wisdom, and A Valentine for Charlie Brown (Gary Groth)
- Nestle’s Valentine candy
- An autographed card from Francesca Capaldi!
1 winner will receive a Peanuts Party in a Box (Pictured above)
Giveaway is open to US Residents, ages 18+ years of age (limited to one entrant per household).
The giveaway ends on 02/09/15.
Simply follow the Rafflecopter entry form below for your chance to win. Be sure to return tomorrow to complete the daily entries
Meanwhile, prepare yourself to fall in love with Peanuts all over again as we await The Peanuts Movie. Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus and the rest of the cherished “Peanuts” gang make their long-awaited big-screen debut in stunning state-of-the-art 3D animation from 20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios.
Snoopy, the world’s most lovable beagle – and flying ace – embarks upon his greatest mission as he takes to the skies to pursue his arch-nemesis The Red Baron, while his best pal, Charlie Brown, begins his own epic quest. From the imagination of Charles M. Schulz and the creators of the ICE AGE films, THE PEANUTS MOVIE will prove that every underdog has his day.
The participating bloggers were not compensated for this post. We are not associated with any of the companies named above. No purchase is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received Open to US Residents, 18+ only. Limit one entrant per household. Confirmed Winner(s) (by Random.org) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 24 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The sponsor(s) will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this giveaway. My blog is not responsible for product shipment/delivery. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, Pinterest, Instagram or Klout.
This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements. Entrants must only enter with either one email address, IP address and/or Facebook account, anyone found violating these rules will be disqualified. It is at the sole discretion of the admin of the giveaway if the winner has met the rules or not.