Just when it seems like school is out, here we are approaching the end of July and school resume very quickly. I love summer days and nights that include grilling and outdoor fun; however, my favorite season is fall. Making great food on the grill, outdoor bonfires, she cool, crisp air in the evenings is so peaceful and rewarding to me and my family spends more time outdoors in the fall than any other season.
I also love making great tasting chili and soups all year long. The best part of my chili recipe is the flavorful Red Gold Tomatoes.
More about Red Gold:
Red Gold has been around since the 1940’s. Focused on growing local in the Midwest, where true seasons positively impact the flavor of tomatoes. The Midwest, while it’s cold in the winter, has the perfect growing season for tomatoes, perfect angle of the sun, perfect temps — and even the winter is good for tomatoes, as it breaks up the soil for tiny root systems.
I recently received an amazing assortment of Red Gold Tomatoes. I quickly made my family’s favorite request when I have Red Gold Tomatoes, hearty chili.
As you can see, Red Gold Tomatoes is the perfect, hearty tomato for my homemade chili. The recipe is easy and tasty.
- 2 lbs - browned ground beef
- 1 can - Red Gold Tomatoes (flavor or choice, I used Lime & Cilantro)
- 1 can - tomato sauce
- 1 can - kidney beans
- 2 tsp - brown sugar
- 1 tbsp - chopped onions
- 1 tbsp - minced garlic
- 1 tbsp - chili powder
- 2 tbsp - worchestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper to flavor
- Brown the ground beef in a large stew pot, drain off grease.
- Add all other ingredients, stirring and mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- You can boil a small pan of macaroni noodles and add them to the chili mix if you prefer more a chili mac dish.
I hope you enjoy using Red Gold Tomatoes as much as me and my family do.
Disclosure: I was provided Red Gold Tomatoes to help facilitate my recipe; however, all elements and recipe contents are 100% my own creation.