We really need YOUR help tonight! We have a reader that is dying from kidney failure due to her diabetes. Her name is Christina and she actually lives 15 minutes away from Pam at Mom Does Reviews. Without a kidney transplant, she will die.
Please support her by raising awareness for Kidney Donation. How can you do that? Be sure to like her community Facebook page and be sure to leave her an encouraging note. Then tell all your friends and family to like her page as well. Click the ribbon below or HERE to visit her Facebook page.Find out if you can be a living donor for Christina by contacting the hospital she is working with.
Did you know that diabetes is one of the main risk factors for kidney disease? Get the facts about diabetes and pre-diabetes and find out what tests are needed to check for kidney disease, http://bit.ly/1eh6tdS
Read below to find out more causes of kidney damage.
One lucky winner will receive $25 Paypal and Christina will also receive $25 Paypal.
Please be sure to visit her page and leave her an encouraging note. Don’t forget to read about being a living kidney donor.
Enter on the easy rafflecopter below to win.
The giveaway ends on Valentine’s Day- since we love to help our readers!
It is open WorldWide!
Thanks so much for all your help!
Damage to the kidneys: These diseases, conditions and agents may damage the kidneys and lead to acute kidney failure:
- Blood clots in the veins and arteries in and around the kidneys
- Cholesterol deposits that block blood flow in the kidneys
- Glomerulonephritis (gloe-mer-u-loe-nuh-FRY-tis), inflammation of the tiny filters in the kidneys (glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome, a condition that results from premature destruction of red blood cells
- Lupus, an immune system disorder causing glomerulonephritis
- Medications, such as certain chemotherapy drugs, antibiotics, dyes used during imaging tests and zoledronic acid (Reclast, Zometa), used to treat osteoporosis and high blood calcium levels (hypercalcemia)
- Multiple myeloma, a cancer of the plasma cells
- Scleroderma, a group of rare diseases affecting the skin and connective tissues
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), a rare blood disorder
- Toxins, such as alcohol, heavy metals and cocaine
- Vasculitis, an inflammation of blood vessels (http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/kidney-failure/basics/causes/CON-20024029)
Disclosure: We are not associated with any of the companies named above. No purchase is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received Open to Worldwide 18+ only. Confirmed Winner(s) (by Random.org) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 24 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. The sponsor(s) (Mom Does Reviews) will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this giveaway. My blog is not responsible for product shipment/delivery. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, Instagram, Klout, Bloglovin or Pinterest. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements. Entrants must only enter with either one email address, IP address and/or Facebook account, anyone found violating these rules will be disqualified. It is at the sole discretion of the admin of the giveaway if the winner has met the rules or not.