I have to admit, I love pasta of all sorts. Lasagna is at the top of the list of my favorite pasta dishes. I wanted to share an easy lasagna recipe using simple ingredients, including Red Gold Tomatoes.
With some tasty ingredients and a bit of love, you can create a very delightful and filling dish for your family and friends.
Simply follow this recipe and you are on the road to having a hearty, delicious and very filling lasagna thanks to wonderful and tasty products like Red Gold.
- 2 lbs. - Cooked Italian Sausage
- 1 lb. - Fresh cut Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 lb. - Cooked lasagna noodes
- 2 lbs. - Ricotta Cheese
- 2 - Eggs (XL)
- 1 - 4.5 oz. Can Red Gold Basil, Garlic & Oregano diced tomatoes
- 1 - 28 oz. can Red Gold crushed tomatoes
- 48 oz. - Marinara Sauce (can or homemade)
- 1 tbsp. - fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. - fresh oregano
- ) Boil lasagna noodles on stovetop until soft and thorough cooked - preheat oven to 350*
- ) Cook sausage until brown, drain, the add marinara and both cans of Red Gold tomatoes.
- ) Mix the ricotta cheese, fresh herbs & eggs into large mixing bowl - set aside.
- ) Layer ingredients in a large, 9x13 pan starting with cooked noodles, ricotta cheese mix, sauce/sausage mixture, then fresh chunks of mozzarella. Repeat until pan is full.
- ) Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes uncovered. Let sit for 10 - 15 minutes until set.
- ) Serve and enjoy.