Do you have a child that loves to build stuff and loves STEM projects? This great collection SolarBots from Thames & Kosmos will get them excited to learn how solar power works, how to build their own robot and make them move just by using the sun. This would make a awesome gift for the upcoming holidays!
My boys love building things so this is just perfect for them! These are so neat looking, and it is so interesting to learn how we can power things without batteries, just our beautiful sun! I always say….the best way to learn is by having fun! Ages 6+
About Thames & Kosmos:
Thames & Kosmos was founded in 2001 by a science museum director and her son, who saw the great need and demand for better science education materials — resources for parents and their children that are more engaging, more effective, more relevant, and more fun.
Thames & Kosmos operates as the exclusive arm of parent company, Franckh-Kosmos Verlags-GmbH & Co. KG — Kosmos for short — based in Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1822, Kosmos operated solely as a book publisher until the 1920s, when the company published its first science kits aimed at explaining the world of science to children and young adults by bringing it to life with hands-on experiments.
Generations of European children have discovered their enthusiasm for science through Kosmos science kits. Since 2001, Thames & Kosmos and Kosmos have teamed up to develop science kits for children in the United States and other English speaking markets around the world.
Build a drummer robot that marches along, beating a drum; an armadillo robot that does somersaults; a solar bug that crawls on six legs, and more! The 48-page, full-color manual guides solar power pioneers through model assembly and offers fun scientific facts about the real-life applications of solar technology. What solar-powered inventions will you dream up?
Build unique robots that are powered by the sun — batteries not required! Using a compact solar panel, these cool little bots harness energy from the sun to power an electric motor to get moving.
- A hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) experiment kit, SolarBots: 8-in-1 Solar Robot Kit provides a fun and engaging introduction to solar energy and its nearly limitless potential.
- Build and experiment with 8 unique solar-powered robots that march, roll, crawl, and more!
- The 194-piece kit includes a compact solar panel that gets the robots moving–no batteries required!
- A 48-page, full-color manual guides robot assembly and offers scientific facts and info about the real-life applications of solar technology.
- Robots include a drummer bot, armadillo bot, solar bug, dino bot, and more!
- Two recommended age levels: 6+ with help from an adult; 9+, “I got this!”
- Works best in direct sunlight, but can also be used indoors with an incandescent light at least 50W
- Build and experiment with eight unique and fun solar-powered robots!
- No batteries required — just a compact solar panel (included) and the energy from the sun!
- Models include a drummer bot tank bot racer bot android wheel bot solar bug armadillo bot and dinosaur bot
- Discover the current real-life applications of solar technology and its nearly limitless potential
Stay socially connected with Thames & Kosmos for all their latest releases:
We have added SolarBots to our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide