One of my favorite times of the year is Spring. So much activity, hullabaloo and occasions going on. From the smell of new flowers in bloom to the celebration of Moms and Dads everywhere.
I like to celebrate my mom every day, but I do love that there is a special day set aside for her that I can pamper her and show her how much I admire, cherish and love her. This Mother’s Day, we will be enjoying a delicious ham that I have prepared, but with a twist – a sweet glaze made with our favorite drink – Milo’s Famous Sweet Tea.
More about Milo’s
Milo’s was founded as a restaurant in 1946 by Milo and Bea Carlton after Milo returned from serving our country in World War II. Milo’s philosophy was simple – use high quality, natural ingredients, listen to your customers and never sacrifice taste. Their vision still guides us today as we source natural ingredients, fresh brew all of our teas and never use added colors or preservatives. Drink Milo’s and you will Taste the Difference!
Milo’s is steeped in heritage, fresh brewed since 1946 when Milo Carlton returned home from World War II. That’s when he and his wife, Bea, opened a restaurant and became famous for their Sweet Tea. Such a sweet story (no pun intended).
I love the taste of Milo’s Tea. They have a diverse flavor selection from their Famous Sweet Tea to my daughter’s favorite, the Famous Sweet Tea and Lemonade combo (known around my part of the country as an Arnold Palmer). Here is our glaze recipe that we will be using for our sweet ham on Mother’s Day.
- 5 lb fully cooked spiral bone in ham
- 2 cups Milo’s Famous Sweet Tea
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 10 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees
- Combine all Glaze ingredients into saucepan
- Bring all Glaze ingredients to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium low and glaze is bubbly
- Cook 15-20 minutes until tea is reduced and glaze is light brown – stir occasionally
- Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves (Tip: Tilt saucepan to side and cloves will float to the top)
- Pour immediately over ham and in between spirals – glaze will thicken as it cools
- Cover with foil and bake 1:15-1:30 basting halfway through cook time
Whatever you decide to make your mom this Mother’s Day, be sure to include Milo’s Famous Tea on your table for the perfect drink. Stay connected with Milo’s socially for their latest product and recipe information.