This post may contain affiliate links or I may have received the product free in exchange for my honest review. See full disclosure for more information.
Ready to create some amazing treats that both Santa and your kids will love? Here is a fun and easy recipe you can create together with the kids to leave for Santa on Christmas Eve.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
6 cups chocolate crisp cereal (like Cocoa Pebbles)
- Red gumdrops (1 for each treat)
- Large candy eyes (2 for each treat)
- Miniature pretzel twists (2 for each treat)
- ½ cup milk chocolate morsels
- Prepare a 13 x 9 baking sheet with wax paper and a spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Fold in the cereal. Stir until the cereal is coated in the marshmallow.
- Using a buttered spatula or greased wax paper evenly press mixture into baking sheet. Cool completely.
- Use a biscuit cutter or large mouth jar/glass to cut treats into circles. If the round treats are loose, press them together slightly. Reshape the remaining cereal in your baking pan until all is cut into circles.
- Place milk chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Do not overheat.
- Lightly dip one side of a pretzel into the chocolate and immediately press against the top of the round treat. Repeat on the other side to create reindeer antlers.
- Using a toothpick, apply melted chocolate to the gumdrops and candy eyes and then press into the treats.
- All to dry completely before packaging or serving.
Do you have a favorite cookie recipe you like to make this time of year? Share in the comments below telling us your favorite flavors.
Please follow and like us: