Kroger Brand Beef Stew Recipe #Kroger
Sometimes making hearty, homemade meals can get expensive. I am a firm believer that store brand products provide as much, if not, better quality than name brand. My local Kroger store has delicious items that allow me to make savory homemade dishes without breaking the bank. One request that I get often is a hearty beef stew. While it is tasty, it does involve a diverse selection of ingredients. Fortunately I don’t have to worry about price, as Kroger offers products including Kroger Brand, Simple Truth and Private Selection brands, all at an affordable price. Here is an delicious recipe that you too can prepare and enjoy with your family. All items where purchased and are available at Kroger Company stores.
- ⅓ cup - flour
- 1 tsp - sea salt
- ½ tsp - freshly ground black pepper
- 2½ pounds - stew beef, cut in 2" chunks
- 4 tbsp - olive oil
- ½ cup - fresh onion, diced
- 3 stalks - fresh celery, diced
- 3 cloves - garlic, minced
- 4 cups - red wine or beef broth
- 1 tsp - paprika
- 1 tsp - thyme
- 1 tsp - brown sugar
- 4 - whole golden potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 - whole carrots, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup - Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Place flour in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper. Add meat and toss well to coat.
- In a Dutch oven or slow heat Crockpot, heat olive oil to medium. Add meat to pot, browning all sides. Remove meat from pot, and add in diced onions, celery and garlic; cook over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Add wine or beef broth, paprika, thyme, brown sugar and meat. Cover and cook on low heat 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Meat should be tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots and parsley. Cover and cook for another 45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve fresh in a bowl, maybe with some fresh hot biscuits and ENJOY!!
The Kroger Company has over 2,700 stores in 35 states nationwide. They offer quality brand products including Kroger brand, Private Selection and Simple Truth.
Private Selection is their exclusive line of artisan and gourmet groceries. One of my favorite items is my Private Selection Garlic and Sea Salt. Simple Truth is their exclusive line of organic and natural foods and products.
Whatever the occasion, whatever the seasion, you can find this and dozens of other recipes exclusively on Kroger.com. They offer amazing recipes including dinners, desserts, appetizer and more.
Be sure to stay connected socially with Kroger for their latest product news and savings information
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.
4 thoughts on “Kroger Brand Beef Stew Recipe #Kroger”
How many calories?
This does look so good. It is chilly today, and making me want to start cooking up comfort foods like this. I wish we had a Kroger near us, so many good deals.
Very lovely. I like beef stew.. too bad no krogers in CanadA.
Wow….After reading the ingredients…I am more impressed than I expected to be! This looks like a great recipe. Think I will try it out. My family loves a tasty, hearty stew.
Comments are closed.