Make these delicious Chocolates for your Oscar Viewing Party
On February 28, 2016, tons of people will gather together in one of the biggest annual events in Hollywood – The Oscars!
Millions will sit in the comfort of their living rooms as they watch everyone arrive on the red carpet, dressed up and polished. Many have viewing parties of their own and make it a fabulous event, all in the comfort of their own home. Here is an Oscar’s inspired sweet treat that is award-worthy in itself!
Here is how to make it
- 1 cup Wilton Black Candy Melts
- 2 tbsp. Crushed Walnuts
- Gold Sugar Sprinkles
- Dark Chocolate Bar
- A Wilton Candy Melt Pot is recommended to heat candy melts. If you do not own a candy melt pot simply microwave candy melts at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% in 15-second intervals and stir until completely smooth. Do not over heat.
- Pour black candy melts into mold, filling each cavity only halfway. Place in freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove mold from freezer. Add crushed walnuts to each cavity.
- Cover each cavity with black candy melts – fill to the top. Place in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove mold from freezer. Gently pop candies from mold and onto a flat surface.
- Break dark chocolate bar into small, angular pieces.
- Drizzle a small amount of black candy melts onto the top of each candy. Stick a piece of dark chocolate bar on top. Sprinkle gold sugar sprinkles onto candy melt, allowing to stick and settle. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and serve.
Do you plan on watching the Oscars this year? What types of foods do you serve? Who are you routing for? Comment below and tell me your thoughts.
21 thoughts on “Make these delicious Chocolates for your Oscar Viewing Party”
oooh these would be good for any special occasion. I love making my own DIY recipes, this is perfect!
Love this recipe, I’ll have to give it a try!!
I don’t watch award shows, but these are so sleek and classy looking!
This looks like a great recipe,thanks so much for sharing
This is one decadent chocolate treat. Love it.
This looks like a great recipe–just gorgeous. Thanks so much!
That’s a cute idea. I think just about everybody enjoys chocolate. Especially chocolate with nuts. Sweet and salty is a great combo.
This sounds good. I love more dark chocolate than any other. I guess its because its strong chocolate flavor
These look delicious and fancy! Thanks!
I don’t think I’ve ever watched the Oscars, although I might catch the highlights on the news/You Tube etc. These do look good though!
These chocolates looks so good! Perfect for Valentine’s Day, too!
They look delicious! Thank you 🙂
Those are just so adorable in black! Great for an Oscar party. I’ve never used the candy melts before I’ll have to find those and check them out. You make it look easy enough.
How cute are those candies.
I LOVE chocolate but I am not that crafty. Great review !
These look amazing! I would love to try this.
These look amazing. I love to watch the ladies on the red carpet and their beautiful dresses. I usually serve some sparkling wine and nibbles like little crackers
Thank you for the food review.
I would love to try to make these .Really cute
aw! this is a must try. I love the color 😉 looks yum too
I don’t watch the Oscars because it is too long and boring.
Comments are closed.