On February 28, 2016, tons of people will gather together in one of the biggest annual events in Hollywood – The Oscars!
Millions will sit in the comfort of their living rooms as they watch everyone arrive on the red carpet, dressed up and polished. Many have viewing parties of their own and make it a fabulous event, all in the comfort of their own home. Here is an Oscar’s inspired sweet treat that is award-worthy in itself!
Here is how to make it
- 1 cup Wilton Black Candy Melts
- 2 tbsp. Crushed Walnuts
- Gold Sugar Sprinkles
- Dark Chocolate Bar
- A Wilton Candy Melt Pot is recommended to heat candy melts. If you do not own a candy melt pot simply microwave candy melts at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% in 15-second intervals and stir until completely smooth. Do not over heat.
- Pour black candy melts into mold, filling each cavity only halfway. Place in freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove mold from freezer. Add crushed walnuts to each cavity.
- Cover each cavity with black candy melts – fill to the top. Place in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove mold from freezer. Gently pop candies from mold and onto a flat surface.
- Break dark chocolate bar into small, angular pieces.
- Drizzle a small amount of black candy melts onto the top of each candy. Stick a piece of dark chocolate bar on top. Sprinkle gold sugar sprinkles onto candy melt, allowing to stick and settle. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and serve.
Do you plan on watching the Oscars this year? What types of foods do you serve? Who are you routing for? Comment below and tell me your thoughts.