Are you planning a trip to New York City? If you want to make the most out of your traveling experiences in the Big Apple, be sure to heed the advice laid out below.
The Big Apple is famous for its bustling streets, but that doesn’t mean that you should spend all of your time on land when you visit the city. There is another way to soak in the extraordinary views of NYC’s towering skyscrapers, that being to experience the city by boat. When you get out onto the water, you will be afforded the opportunity to see the city’s amazing skyline from a completely different angle and perspective. Seriously, the sights that you see in this instance will be sure to stay with you for a lifetime!
Here are just a few of the best New York City boat tours that you should seriously consider booking yourself a place on:
- Circle Line: Complete Manhattan Island Cruise
- New York Harbor Hop-On Hop-Off Cruise
- Statue of Liberty Express Cruise
- New York City Sunset Sail
- Rock the Yacht New York City Party Cruise
- AIANY Lower Manhattan Architecture Tour
- Circle Line: Beast Speedboat Ride
- Champagne Brunch Sail in New York City
- Private New York City Sunset Boat Tour
- Staten Island Ferry
If you wish to retain control over your NYC boating experience, why not invest in your very own vessel and use it to explore the Big Apple waterways? Before you get behind the wheel of your boat and set sail in the Hudson River, however, it’s imperative that you enroll yourself on an ilearntoboat boater safety course. Having graduated from the program, you will be issued an official NASBLA state boating license. With this certification at hand, you will be free to explore the New York City waters at your leisure.
Travel hacks that save time and money
To gain the greatest amount of enjoyment from your trip to NYC, you might want to consider heeding the travel hacks listed below.
Below are five ideas to help save yourself some time and money in New York City:
- Plan your trip and book excursions before you arrive in the city
- Choose the time of your visit wisely (NYC is magical over the Christmas period, but the crowds and queues are maddening!)
- Wake up early each day and watch the city wake up
- Get in touch with the Big Apple Greeter and join a free walking tour
- Invest in a sightseeing pass (this will save you money in the long run and help you to bypass queues)
There is no other place on earth, quite like New York City. If you want to experience everything that this fantastic travel destination has to offer, be sure to heed all of the advice laid out above.