To create these fun and easy pumpkin looking popcorn balls, you will need:
- 6-cups mini marshmallows
- 1 stick butter
- 8 drops of red food coloring
- 8 drops of yellow food coloring
- 3 bags microwave popcorn (Jolly Time works best for me)
- 2 cups candy corn
- Green gumdrops
- Black or chocolate icing (to decorate)
- *Optional candy corn to decorate the faces
- Spray a backing dish or cookie sheet (or use parchment paper so the popcorn balls won’t stick) and set aside. Place popcorn & candy corn in a large bowl and set to the side.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, keeping a close eye so you don’t burn the butter. Then, slowly stir in marshmallows, red & yellow food colorings, (adjusting color, if needed, to get a nice shade of orange. When marshmallows are completely melted, pour the sauce over the popcorn and stir to evenly distribute the candy and marshmallow mix.
- Use a greased spatula to Good Cook Popcorn Baller. Mold the popcorn into a ball, then release onto the dish or parchment paper. Let stand until firm, usually 10-15 minutes. Then decorate to your liking, you can place a green gum drop on top to act as the stem for the pumpkin and the icing to create cute Jack-O-Lantern type faces.
- Eat, Share, Enjoy.
Right now you can save 25% off the Good Cook Popcorn Ballers using code: POPCORN
Also, be sure to check out Good Cook’s Facebook page. Starting October 7th, they will host the most amazing Good Cook 5-day popcorn giveaway.