Disclosure: I am writing this post in exchange for a discounted conference ticket; however, all opinions are mine and mine alone.
Do you have a blog or have considered starting a blog? There are millions of blogs online today and creating the best, organic content is important when starting out. While there are hundreds of blogging resources available both online and during conferences, travel and time can get really expensive. That is why SoFab is taking to the road to bring a 1-day conference that is informative, reasonable and will leave you with a ton of information to utilize on your own personal page.
I have been to many conferences over the years and have learned a lot, made many friends and great contacts, but I feel things and social media are always rapidly changing and I am always open to learn more. I am excited that SoFab is hosting one of their “On The Road” conferences right here in Cincinnati, OH. On April 25th, you can join other bloggers and the social media savvy for some fun and education. With a jam-packed day of guest speakers, brand awareness and more, SoFab “On The Road” Cincy is guaranteed to be informative and educating even to the most experienced blogger.
Here is the full agenda:
- 8:00 – 8:30 Registration, Breakfast Sponsored by Muller
- 8:30 – 9:15 Welcome, CB/CL discussion ‘How to excel with Sponsored Posts’
- 9:15 – 9:45 Pinterest Strategies Session (Sponsored by Ahalogy)
- Break, sponsored by KIND
- 10:00 – 12:00 Keynote speaker: Speaker: Joe Robb
Session: Smart Syndication: Grow Your Blog Traffic with Less Effort
Attendees will walk away with a solid understanding of how to pair analytics data (Google, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook) with common, free publishing tools to grow their audience with data-driven processes. With the tactics provided, you will increase your site traffic without dramatically increasing the amount of time you currently dedicate to social media.
- Understand how social visitors are currently finding your site
- Use this knowledge to better formulate social posting timing and content strategy
- Incorporate free, time-saving automation tools that will help increase site traffic without increasing the time spent on driving this additional traffic
- Create a structure for measuring site traffic from social postings, so that you can make future publishing decisions based on solid historical data
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch (TBA)
- 12:15- 1:15 Brand Panel – hear from brand reps on how Bloggers/Brands can/should work together. Featuring brands TO COME!
- 1:15 – 1:45 Peer Review: Bring 1-3 of your own posts that you’d like feedback on. Explore how you could improve your photos, create tutorials or videos, or write better headlines with other bloggers at your table. Discover how others have made changes on their blogs or social media platforms to achieve great results. Each table will have established bloggers who will provide feedback and ideas. Learn from each other!
- 1:45 – 2:00 Drive to New Riff Distillery – Newport KY (In front of Party Source, 7 miles)
- 2:15 – 4:45 Afternoon Adventure: The INGREDIENTS for a Great Sponsored Post (& Tastespotting-worthy photos!)
In this session Nathan Engels will walk through creating a custom recipe around a brand’s product and how he tells a story around the recipe that will draw the reader into the emotional tie to the brand and blog post. From styling the plate, to the props, lighting and background, we’ll learn how to create a visual gourmet image. He’ll show how he takes beautiful photos (even without natural light) and manipulates the images to spotlight the food. We’ll form groups where we will use props and creativity to produce photos on the spot. Then Nate will share how to make so-so photos into WOW! Shareable images through simple techniques and tools like Picmonkey.
- 5:00pm – 7:00pm – Social Meet-up at New Riff Distillery
About the speaker:
Joe Robb is a thoughtful communicator with a diverse background in marketing strategy, pedagogy, digital media, SEO, editing and writing. He is the Digital Marketing Director at SparkPeople.com, a multi-platform media and technology company with leading health, fitness and food websites and mobile apps. Joe received his M.F.A. in Creative Writing from Emerson College in Boston, and earned his B.A. in German and Creative Writing at Ohio University. He used to live in Salzburg, Austria—where the hills are not actually alive with the sound of music—he ran a bakery on the coast of Maine that specialized in handmade breads and sweets, and he is an avid reader, an intermittent writer, and a proud husband and father. You can find Joe Robb on Twitter: @joelrobb
About the Adventure:
As pro-blogger NATHAN ENGELS says: “You should be proud of every sponsored post you do – it should be your best work!” What does it take to develop creative recipes using specified brand ingredients and then take mouth-watering photos of them? With over 250,000 page views/month and hundreds of beautiful sponsored posts, Nate will share the secret ingredients to creating unique and appealing recipes – and photographing them to inspire readers and social shares.
In this session Nate will walk through creating a custom recipe around a brand’s product and how he tells a story around the recipe that will draw the reader into the emotional tie to the brand and blog post. From styling the plate, to the props, lighting and background, we’ll learn how to create a visual gourmet image. He’ll show how he takes beautiful photos (even without natural light) and manipulates the images to spotlight the food. We’ll form groups where we will use props and creativity to produce photos on the spot. Then Nate will share how to make so-so photos into WOW! Shareable images through simple techniques and tools like Picmonkey.
About SoFabU on the Road
SoFabU on the Road is a unique event that allows influencers to take advantage of educational opportunities that will help set them a part from the rest.
SoFabU on the Road features hands-on, interactive sessions for influencers to implement what they’re learning on the spot. The sessions are paired with fun city-specific adventures where attendees get to practice their newly learned skills.
Events are open to all bloggers and influencers!
- Jan – Los Angeles
- Feb – Miami
- March – Phoenix
- April – Cincinnati
- April – Seattle
- May – Dallas
- June – NYC
- July – Chicago
- Aug. – Minneapolis
- Sept. – Atlanta
- Oct. – Bentonville
About Collective Bias and Social Fabric
Collective Bias® is the only shopper social media company that solves shopper marketing problems by weaving together organic social content with engaging, real-life stories to generate millions of impressions, increased share of voice, SEO and retail sales for brands and retailers. Top brands such as Tyson, Nestlé and Duane Reade rely on Collective Bias to sell their stories socially. Based in Bentonville, Arkansas, with satellite offices in New York City, Chicago, Minneapolis, San Francisco, Cincinnati and London, Collective Bias was named one of America’s 25 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a part of the Inc. 5000.
Social Fabric® is Collective Bias’ proprietary community of nearly 3,000 shopping-focused influencers with an aggregate multichannel reach in excess of 130 million.
For more information, please visit Collectivebias.com or find us on Facebook and Twitter.