Discover The Benefits of Using Mitragyna Speciosa for Stress Relief
The world we live in is fast-paced and demanding. It is easy to find yourself in situations where you have piles of paperwork to complete and deadlines to meet, all while dealing with personal issues or family obligations. In such a case, you are bound to feel stressed.What is stress?
Stress is the body’s reaction to changes that require a response or an adjustment. The body reacts to these changes with mental, physical, and emotional responses. Stress is the body’s natural response to any perceived threat but is it is a normal part of life. You can experience stress from your thoughts, your environment, and positive changes like the birth of a child or a promotion. However, stress that continues for a long time without relief can cause a condition known as distress. Distress can disturb the internal balance of the body, leading to physical symptoms like elevated blood pressure, upset stomach, sexual dysfunction, chest pain, and insomnia. Distress can also cause emotional problems like panic attacks, depression, and anxiety. Stress can also worsen or bring on other symptoms or diseases. It is linked to six of the leading causes of death: cancer, heart disease, suicide, cirrhosis of the liver, accidents, and lung disease. Stress can also trigger depression. Therefore, finding an effective way to combat it is vital.
How Mitragyna speciosa can help you to combat stress
Mitragyna speciosa, popularly known as Kratom can help you relieve stress and anxiety. The active ingredient in Kratom is known as Mitragynine, and it binds to opioid receptors in the brain to relieve pain. This is the action that could be behind the anti-anxiety and antidepressant effects that some Kratom users have reported. Mitragynine works in the following ways, leading to stress relief:
It activates mu-opiod receptors
The Mitragynine in Kratom can activate mu-opiod receptors (MOR) in the central nervous system. Mu-opiod receptors are recognized as the binding site of the pain reliever, morphine. Kratom is a partial agonist of µ (mu) opioid receptors and can promote euphoric and pain-reducing effects.
It inhibits calcium channels
Mitragynine can block neuronal Ca2+ channels, a mechanism that might contribute to the inhibition of the release of neurotransmitters. This can help relax the muscles and counteract negative moods.
Mitragyna speciosa benefits and uses for stress
Most of the potential health benefits of Kratom are related to its capability to interact with opioid receptors in the brain. When it binds to them, Kratom can help relieve stress in the following ways:
- Reducing physical pain – Mitragynine, the potent alkaloid in Kratom, can activate the mu-opioid receptors in the central nervous system. For that reason, Kratom can promote euphoric effects and minimize pain. Mitragyna speciosa can provide pain relief for muscle pain, migraines, and chronic pain.
- Boosting energy and concentration – Stress can affect your performance when you are working or engaging in other daily activities. Since stress affects sleep and blood flow to the brain, it can cause brain fog. Mitragyna speciosa acts as a stimulant and therefore provides motivation and energy for activities like studies and work, among others.
- Improving the quality of sleep – Certain strains and higher doses of Kratom can help you deal with sleep-related problems. It can put the mind at ease, making it easier to fall and stay asleep. Therefore, you can fell more rested when you wake up and have more energy. You will also find it easier to deal with stressful situations.
- Improving mood and helping you deal with negative thoughts – When the body is continuously exposed to stress, the levels of dopamine and serotonin in the brain drop. Serotonin promotes feelings of well-being and happiness, while dopamine is necessary for feelings of pleasure and motivation. When Kratom alkaloids attach to opium receptors, they cause the brain to release dopamine and serotonin. When these two neurotransmitters are well balanced in the mind, you can feel cheerful and have more positive thoughts.
- Reducing anxiety, stress, and depression – If you are prone to stress or suffering from depression or anxiety, using Kratom is beneficial. It helps elevate mood and soothe the nerves. The endorphins and serotonin can improve your overall mood. The calming effect of Mitragyna speciosa also eases tension, and this helps eliminate social anxiety. Therefore, you can feel more comfortable in social situations. Kratom also alleviates other symptoms of anxiety such as heart palpitations, insomnia, muscle cramps, sweating, and hyperventilation, among others. Kratom is, therefore, ideal for people who have chronic stress, mood swings, panic attacks, post-traumatic stress disorder, and those whose jobs are highly demanding.
The effects of Mitragyna speciosa vary from one person to the other. Therefore, it is advisable to try several varieties to find out which one is most effective in offering stress relief for you. The top Kratom strains for dealing with stress include:
This strain possesses less pain-relieving properties when compared to green-vein and red-vein Kratom strains. However, it boosts energy and improves mental clarity. White Maluku provides higher and cleaner energy compared to stimulants and caffeine. This strain also has stronger sedating effects than other strains, and it is, therefore, ideal to use as an antidepressant. It can stimulate your mood and reduce your stress effectively.
This strain has unique properties and beneficial effects. It produces a soothing and uplifting sensation and is used as herbal medicine. Red Sumatra Kratom produces an effect similar to opioids and is excellent for easing muscle pain and stress.
This is a milder version of other Kratom strains and is typically taken in smaller amounts. It has stress relief, pain relief, and anti-depressant properties. Its effects include better sleep, being calm, boosting mood, relaxing muscles, and creating positive feelings.
The alkaloids in Mitragyna speciosa coax the brain to release serotonin, which alleviates stressful feelings and improves mood. Many Kratom users across the globe testify that Red Indo is the best strain to take for relaxation purposes.
It is ideal for dealing with depression, anxiety, and similar conditions that lead to a depressed mood. Green Cambodia Kratom is perfect to use if you are struggling with a heavy workload or experiencing fatigue and stress.
Apart from being an excellent natural remedy for relieving pain, Green Vietnam Kratom is also ideal for people suffering from depression and chronic stress. It helps to calm the mind.
You may develop tolerance if you use one Kratom strain. Therefore, it is advisable to change the strains around to tackle tolerance. The best way to use Mitragyna speciosa for stress relief is to combine it with lifestyle changes. Think of Kratom as a tool for fighting stress, instead of a permanent solution to stress.