Do you have a favorite sugar cookie recipe that you make during the Christmas season? Here is a cute recipe twist and some added flare to give your holiday sugar cookies a little extra “something” for Santa!
What you need:
- Sugar Cookies (pre-made dough or your own secret recipe)
- 1 cup white candy melts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Red sprinkles
- Green sprinkles
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
Yields a dozen heart-shaped cookies
How to Make:
- Roll out your sugar cookie dough and cut out 12 hearts with your cookie cutter. Follow directions for baking and allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Place candy melts and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until completely melted, mixing in-between each interval.
- Line a clean working surface with wax paper. Dip half of each cookie in the melted candy and place gently on lined surface.
- Top with sprinkles and let set completely.