This Sunday, April 30th at 7e/6c on Disney Channel, you can catch the 5th annual Radio Disney Music Awards and is hosted by some of your favorites including Sofia Carson, Alex Aiono, Kelsea Ballerini, Jordan Fisher and Jenna Ortega.
You can have a blast watching the awards live and hosting your own viewing party at home. Here are some tips and ideas to help you host the ULTIMATE RDMA Viewing Party.
Radio Disney Music Awards Trivia Questions
While you are waiting for the awards to start, why not play some fun trivia with your guests. Here are some RDMA specific questions (with the answers) that you can create quiz cards with and share with your party guests.
- RDMA is music’s biggest event for families – who of our five RDMA hosts has five siblings in real life? (Answer: Jenna Ortega)
- Which 2017 RDMA performer had their first hit single in 1998? (Answer: Train)
- Finish the lyric of RDMA performer Train: “Now she’s back in the atmosphere_____________” (Answer: with drops of Jupiter in her hair)
- In Fitz and The Tantrums’ hit song “HandClap,” how many claps go after the lyric, “I can make your hands clap”? (Answer: five)
- 2017 RDMA Icon Award recipient Britney Spears used to be on Disney Channel – what year did she first appear in the Mickey Mouse Club? (Answer: 1989)
- Nick Jonas is the recipient of the 2017 RDMA Hero Award for charitable contributions, but he also presented the award to a former ‘Hero’ – who was it? (Answer: Jennifer Lopez)
- Which 2017 RDMA performer was nominated for a 2017 Golden Globe for her performance in “The Edge of Seventeen?” (Answer: Hailee Steinfeld)
- Which Grammy Award was 2017 RDMA performer Kelsea Ballerini nominated for this year? (Answer: Best New Artist) (Hint: She won this same award at the 2016 RDMA)
- Which two of the five 2017 RDMA hosts performed at the 2016 RDMA? (Answer: Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson)
- Which 2017 RDMA performer competed on a season of “America’s Got Talent” – and won? (Answer: Grace VanderWaal)
- Finish the lyric of 2017 RDMA performer Sabrina Carpenter: “That’s just the way of the world, and so ___________ (Answer: “They gonna keep on twiddlin’ them thumbs”)
- 2017 RDMA host and viral recording artist Alex Aiono got his start on which social platform? (Answer: YouTube)
- Which 2017 RDMA host stars in an upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie? (Answer: Sofia Carson, “Descendants 2”)
- Before landing his role in the Broadway musical “Hamilton,” which two Disney Channel Original Movies has 2017 RDMA host and performer Jordan Fisher appeared in? (Answer: “Teen Beach Movie” and “Teen Beach 2”)
- The RDMAs will feature the exclusive world premiere of “Ways to Be Wicked” from “Descendants 2.” What was the lead single from the first “Descendants” movie? (Answer: “Rotten To The Core”)
- Finish the lyric of 2017 RDMA performer Kelsea Ballerini: “You’re just a lost boy, with your head up in the clouds; you’re just a lost boy, _________ (Answer: “Never keep your feet on the ground”)
- Which 2017 RDMA performer has co-written songs for Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez? (Answer: Julia Michaels)
- Finish the lyric of 2017 RDMA performer Noah Cyrus: “I never hated you like I do right now, _________ (Answer: “‘Cause all you ever do is make me cry, cry, cry”)
Get Social with RDMA
The 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards, music’s biggest event for families, airs on Disney Channel and multiple Disney-branded platforms. With more performances than ever, the fifth anniversary show will have something that everyone in the family can enjoy. Stay connected socially so you don’t miss a moment of this spectacular 2-hour event! Don’t forget to tune-in on Sunday, April 30th at 7pm ET to watch.